Tuesday, February 12, 2013

The Anniversary Song

It's that time of year again, where Tony, Toni, Tone will be on heavy rotation in my home. "It's Our Anniversary" is one of "Our" songs. If you don't know this group, you should. They are smooth like butter and always set the mood, if a mood being set is what you're looking for. Granted, our other song is Cameo's "Sparkle". Yeah, we took it way back there. When we had it as our first dance, people were swaying to the music as we were, long ago smiles and memories on their faces. Man, I love that song....anyway...

10 years. Time to reflect? On what? How fast the time went? That it seems just yesterday I was walking down the aisle headed toward my beloved with the sounds of low whirring super8 cameras humming in my ears? My favorite fellas from my crazy profession made our day. It started with Matt saying yes to my persistent inquiring as to whether he would please please please shoot our wedding. After what was weeks of waiting until he said yes. Next on board was Trevor, then Mac, Chris, Dennis, Charlie, Kennan, the list goes on. Yes. I had two film crews for our wedding. Excessive? I didn't think so. We needed coverage right?

People thought I was crazy because I did all of the make-up. Everyone. But it was my day and I knew what I wanted, plus, working on a face comforts me, soothes me, brings me peace. Our wedding day was amazing, fabulous and perfect.

The beauty in this story is just that. Beauty. The beauty of a wedding, a marriage, of friendship and teamwork, and honest fine people who you are so lucky to know, let alone work with them. I think about them every year on this very day because of them, my husband and I and babyhead sit down in front of the tv and watch a beautiful movie. The movie of us. And very year since the moment he could speak babyhead would ask: " where am I momma? My brothers are there, where am I?" And every year, his little voice echoes in my mind when someone asks what did I get for my anniversary? And I reply: " I got my heart's desire and I didn't even know it at the time. My husband gave me my dear sweet love giving little boy. My babyhead. Lucky me. Lucky us.

No comments:

Post a Comment