Monday, February 4, 2013

Relax. Relate. Release.

Work waits for no woman.

When I have a 5:00am call time for a shoot, I totally use my styling background to stay focused. (my catholic schooling upbringing helps too).

Pull my clothes for morning? Check. Layout all cosmetics so they are at my fingertips at 4:00am? Check. Pull babyhead's uniform? Make his lunch? Pack a snack? Put his homework in his back pack? Check, check, check and check. Call my mother to set up a date with my husband later in the week? Check. Make notes on new project and create prepping schedule whilst working on my current project? Check. Do 5 loads of laundry that night? Work 14 hours on my feet dealing with 12 talent, (not all peaches)? Check. Filling my tank, making an appointment for my oil change, my colorist and my hair stylist? Check. Ok, so I mixed up the dates a bit and looked great for my oil change instead of my colorist, but whatever. Getting babyhead to bed at 8:30pm sharp? Kinda check. Ok. So the day to day can get crazy, but it the midst of it I just have to remember to do a few things: I'm so lucky- I rarely cook dinner, it's ready when I get home: Hug my great husband. Hug babyhead. Breathe. Appreciate my life. And drink plenty of water. Life is good, you just have to stop some days and smell the roses, or since I'm in Seattle, smell the coffee!!

1 comment: